It was originally a reserve, just like Griffon, but was called in at the last minute. Despite this, it managed to reach the Arena stage of its Heat where it lost to the eventual heat winners Napalm. It was nearly 5kg over the Heavyweight limit at the time. In Series 3, the robot was replaced with More Panda Monium, who failed to qualify due to being badly damaged when it was dropped as it was about to enter the arena. Jonathan Pearce still misquoted Panda Monium as a Series 3 competitor when the team returned in Series 6 with Hot Pants.
Panda Monium's name was a pun on pandemonium.
DesignEditPanda Monium was a triangular box shaped robot which ran on go-kart wheels imported from a French hypermarket and the body was made from expanding foam polypropelene. Its main weapon was a ramming spike that also had the ability to raise and lift, although an axe was originally planned.
- "The original Panda concept (with an axe - not completed for series II)."
- — Big Pants page on the Team Panda website
Series 2EditPanda Monium was originally a reserve robot for its opening Robot Wars appearance, but was involved in the first heat of the Second Wars, after Cassius was forced to withdraw. In the Gauntlet stage of the heat, Panda Monium went through the Ramrig, only to get stuck. It managed to soon break away however, with it managing to complete the course, placing third out of sixth overall on the leaderboard, allowing it to progress to the Trial.
- "And they're through with the power of Thor's hammer!"
- — Jonathan Pearce, as Panda Monium completes the course
- Wins: 2
- Losses: 1
- Jonathan Pearce incorrectly stated Panda Monium's loss to Napalm as having taken place in Series 3 while commentating on Team Panda's first round battle in Series 6.